Tom Cruise Height, Age, Net Worth, Biography
Tom Cruise's height is 5'7" (172.1 cm). Thomas Cruise Mapother IV is one of the world’s highest-paid actors. In fact, his latest film Top Gun: Maverick grossed over $1.2 billion worldwide. And, he is also known for playing all six of the Mission: Impossible films.
Cruise was born on the 3rd of July 1962 in Syracuse, New York, U.S. to the family of Thomas Cruise Mapother III and Mary Lee. Likewise, the star grew up in poverty with his three sisters, namely, Lee Anne, Marian, and Cass Cruise in Beacon Hill, Ottawa, Canada.
Nevertheless, Cruise also shared that his father, despite being an electrical engineer, would often abuse him. Whereas, in 14 years of time, he attended 15 different schools. In 1978, Cruise’s parents got divorced and his mother brought him and his siblings back to the United States while also marrying Jack South.
Tom Cruise Bio
Similarly, the new family supported Cruise to pursue his acting career in New York City. And after countless turmoils, the star landed his role in the 1981 film Endless Love. After that, Cruise began playing in different movies such as Top Gun, Color of Money, etc.
Surprisingly, Cruise’s role in the 1988 film Cocktail, which was a box office success, actually got him the Razzie Award for Worst Actor. However, the star would later be showered with praises for his future films such as Born of the Fourth of July, Mission: Impossible, and more.
Thomas Cruise Mapother IV
Actor, Producer, Director
Playing in highest-grossing box office movies such as the Mission: Impossible
Date of Birth
July 3, 1952
Age (as of 2022)
Syracuse, New York, U.S.
St. Francis Seminary
Glen Ridge High School
Thomas Cruise Mapother III
Lee Ann Mapother, Marian Mapother, Cass Mapother
Mimi Rogers (1987 - 1990), Nicole Kidman (1990 - 2001), Katie Holmes (2006 - 2012)
Beacon Hill, Ottawa, Canada
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Suri Cruise, Isabella Jane Cruise, Connor Cruise
Caving, Skydiving, Scubadiving, Fencing
Golden Globe Award for Best Actor, Academy Award for Best Actor, Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor
Physical Measurement & More
There’s no doubt Cruise is one of the most dashing actors in Hollywood. And tell you what? The star has naturally green eyes, which only about 2 percent of people in the world are blessed with.
In centimeters - 172.1 cm
In meters - 1.7 m
In feet inches - 5’7”
Social Media Account Link
It’s a must to follow Cruise on his social media accounts if you want to stay updated with his latest activities. For instance, the star shares everything from his backstage fun to glimpses of his upcoming movies.
- Cruise’s drinking behavior expelled him from becoming a Franciscan priest. Later, he was kicked from the varsity football team for the same reason.
- The star’s cousin, William Mapother, is also an actor who has appeared with him in multiple films such as “Born on the Fourth of July”.
- Unfortunately, Cruise got married three times to Mimi Rogers, Nicole Kidman, and Katie Holmes, but all of them ended up with divorce.
- Marvel first chose Cruise to play the role of Tony Stark. But due to his meticulous behavior, he rejected the offer, as he wanted control over the project.
- While the actor’s first big title was 1986’s Top Gun, his 2022 film Top Gun: Maverick ended up being his career’s highest-grossing film.
- At the age of seven, Cruise was diagnosed with dyslexia, but he credits the Church of Scientology for helping him overcome it. Consequently, the star is an outspoken advocate and promotes Scientology.
- The star has also been entitled as one of the most powerful and richest forces in Hollywood for having negotiated some of the most lucrative film deals.
Commonly Asked Questions About Tom
- What disease does Tom Cruise have?
- While the star describes his childhood self as a “functional illiterate”, he was diagnosed with Dyslexia at the age of seven.
- How old is Tom Cruise and what’s his net worth?
- Cruise has amassed an estimated net worth of over $600 Million at the age of 60 years.
- Can Tom Cruise fly a jet?
- Yes, the star got his license in 1984 but learned to fly jets from Top Gun: Maverick’s aerial coordinator, which also makes the film’s aviation scenes 100% real.
- Does Tom Cruise pay child support?
- After Cruise’s divorce with ex-wife Katie, he pays $400k annually as child support.