Shaq’s Height, Age, Net Worth & Biography
Shaq's height is 7'1" (216cm).
Certainly, your jaw might have dropped after seeing what giant of a man Shaq is, right? Well, his physique and hard work have led him to become one of the greatest basketball players of all time. So, don’t you want to dive deeper into Shaq’s life and learn more about it?
Shaquille Rashaun O’Neal was born on the 6th of March, 1972, in Newark, New Jersey, U.S. He was named by his mother Lucille O’Neal, and grew up with his stepfather, Phillip Harrison. In 2016, following Harrison’s death, Shaq met his real father, Joseph Toney.
Nevertheless, O’Neal had become 6’10” tall by the age of 16. And during his time at Robert G. Cole High School, he led his team to a 68-1 record. Whereas, despite pursuing his NBA career, the star continued his education at Louisiana State University.
In the 1992 NBA draft, the Orlando Magic drafted O'Neal with the 1st overall pick, and the star was named Player of the Week right after that. After a year, Shaq also received the Rookie of the Year and was voted an All-Star starter just like the legend, Michael Jordan.
Nonetheless, the star was absent during the 1995-96 season after taking a major injury. After countless downfalls, the star joined the Los Angeles Lakers on a seven-year, $121 million contract. But, the star’s injury again caused him to miss over 30 games.
However, Shaq never gave up, becoming one of the rare basketball players to be elected to both the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and the FIBA Hall of Fame.
Shaquille Rashaun O’Neal
Former professional basketball player
Being one of the greatest basketball players and centers of all time
Date of Birth
March 6, 1972
Age (as of 2022)
Newark, New Jersey, U.S.
Robert G. Cole High School
Louisiana State University
Jamal O’Neal, Lateefah O’Neal, Ayesha O’Neal
LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Snoop Dogg, Pitbull
Newark, New Jersey, U.S.
Manhattan, New York, U.S.
Shareef O’Neal, Shaqir O’Neal, Myles B. O’Neal, Tahirah O’Neal, Me’arah O’Neal, Amirah O’Neal
Swimming, Yoga, Football, Beach volleyball
NBA Most Valuable Player Award, BET Award for Sportsman of the Year, SEC Player of the Year, Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Male Athlete
Physical Measurement & More
Well, it’s very common for people to be interested in Shaq’s physical measurements, as he has a large size. Hence, we will make it easier for you to learn more about Shaq with the following statistics.
In centimeters - 216 cm
In meters - 2.16 m
In feet inches - 7’1”
Social Media Account Link
Above all, O’Neil is a great learner, who is always trying to learn new things. And you can get a taste of what Shaq is up to by following him on his social media accounts.
- Shaquille Rashaun O’Neal’s first job before the NBA was at Burger King. And ironically, the star now owns his own franchise, Big Chicken, which specifically focuses on fast foods such as burgers.
- Shaq has scored over 28,596 points in his basketball career, which makes puts him at rank 7 in the respective category.
- The star was blessed with height genetics, as by the age of 10, he was already 6’4” tall.
- Shaq has been diagnosed with Osgood-Schlatter’s disease, a condition that causes pain and swelling below the knee joint, which caused many problems for the star during his basketball career.
- Shaq retired from basketball in 2011, after which the star tried pursuing a rap career, which unfortunately didn’t work out as he had thought.
Commonly Asked Questions About Shaq
- Is Shaquille O’Neal a billionaire?
- No, O’Neal is not a billionaire, as he is still halfway there to becoming one.
- How much does Shaq own of 5 guys?
- Shaq owns about 10% of 5 guys, which equals over 155 hamburger establishments.
- How many threes did Shaq make?
- Despite being a record holder of 28,596 points, Shaq has only made 1 three-pointer.
- Does Shaq own JCPenney?
- Although Shaq does not own JCPenney, he is still the second-largest shareholder of JCPenney.
- How many 40-point games does Shaq have?
- The basketball legend has had 49 games where he scored over 40 points.